The Clement Canopy
Branded as “eco-living in the sky”, the Clement Canopy situated at Clementi Avenue will be the latest new launch condo project in the western region of Singapore.
And when two renowned real estate developers, Singland Homes and UOL Venture Developments come together, you can be rest assured that this will be an awesome property development to look forward to. They will be widely expected to come up with another gorgeous offering after their recent joint-effort success at Thomson Three a couple of years ago – which was 100% fully sold.
Set to launch in 2017, The Clement Canopy stays true to its name and promises to afford you nature-inspired lush condominiums that are every bit the perfect fit for the chic, modern citizen. This brand new residential development have home buyers excited with extravaganza sprinkled all over.
The Clement Canopy Location
Perhaps what is most exciting is the location of the upcoming project – which is currently being experience by its only neighbouring Trilinq condo.
Located in a plush plot of land of approximately 140,339 square feet – enveloped by Clementi Avenue 1 on the one hand and Ayer Rajah Expressway on the other, the plot is expected to be developed into two 40-storey residential towers which will house 505 homes in total.
- The Clement Canopy is well-connected to a number of major expressways and is just a few minutes’ walk from the Clementi MRT Station – surely getting around Singapore will be a breeze!
- Its proximity to a number of entertainment and shopping arcades, as well as numerous schools situated around it, making this property a perfect fit for home buyers with families. As mentioned earlier, the developers have already delivered several successful projects in the past.
- There are numerous reputable schools surrounding this development including Singapore Polytechnic, Nan Hua High School, Tanglin Secondary School and nonetheless the National University of Singapore (NUS).
- Another major point of investing in Clement Canopy is that it is situated between two prime hospitals – National University Hospital and Ng Teng Fong Hospital, and also the Biopolis Medical Research Hub, Fusionopolis and Mediapolis – all situated in the One-North precinct where one can expect a huge pool of tenants to come from these areas.
The Clement Canopy Condo Facilities
The Clement Canopy condo’s supremacy has not only to do with its premier location but also with a great architectural design. It’s excellent state of the art facade and avant-garde fittings assure residents an enviable lifestyle.
- Residents can enjoy weekends with their loved ones at the gymnasium, lap pool, or swimming pool area.
- Comes with numerous other facilities such as kids playground, barbecue pits, and clubhouse.
- The home interiors at the Clement Canopy condo are embellished with high-quality fixtures and household appliances.
- 24-Hour manned security and a large car parking space are extended to all dwellers.
The Clement Canopy Floor Plan and Unit Types
As mentioned earlier, the Clement Canopy floor plan and unit types will have a variation between 2 to 4-bedroom units – a total of 505 units in the entire condo.
- 2-Bedroom Compact units – ranging from 635 to 657 sq ft
- 2-Bedroom Premium units – ranging from 710 to 732 sq ft
- 3-Bedroom + Yard units – ranging from 990 to 1,163 sq ft
- 3-Bedroom + Guest Room – ranging from 1,109 to 1,346 sq ft
- 4-Bedroom – ranging from 1,346 to 1,539 sq ft
The Clement Canopy Price Guide
Back in 2015, the land parcel was acquired for top bid of S$302.1 million (or S$615.04 psf ppr) under the Government Land Sales programme – 9.4% higher than the second-highest bidder then. Based on the launch prices on 25 Febuary 2017, the Clement Canopy price guide is as follow:
- 2-Bedroom (635 – 657 sq ft) : ~$850,000 to $1.1 million
- 3-Bedroom (990 – 1,163 sq ft) : ~$1.28 million to $1.4 million
- 4-Bedroom (1,346 – 1,539 sq ft) : ~$1.62 million to $1.82 million
The Clement Canopy Showflat
According to sources, the Clement Canopy showflat will be situated on the actual site of the development, along Clementi Avenue 1. You can give us a call at (+65) 6631-8384 to check on its opening hours, price indication and availability before heading down, so to avoid making a wasted trip down to the showflat.
The Clement Canopy Review
With a strong combined property portfolio of existing projects in the western city-fringe of Singapore – such as Alex Residences, Mon Jervois and Principal Garden, UOL and SingLand has a definite understanding of the demand and supply conditions of the western region. Most importantly, they know what buyers are looking for these days.
What really surprised me initially was its omission of 1-Bedroom (or rather shoebox apartments) in the condo development.
In fact, there isn’t much new launches going on in the Clementi precinct, other than the closest The Trilinq and Parc Riviera at West Coast. These projects have quite a number of 1-bedroom apartment units and till this date, there are still plenty of “stock” available.
UOL Group probably sees the demand for such unit types as being weak, thus unlikely to be profitable. So come to think about it, it does make absolute sense to leave out 1-bedroom types and this could well turn out to be a brilliant strategy to boost revenue.
In terms of quality, there’s a good chance that the developers will bring in the similar quality and experiences in those earlier projects to The Clement Canopy – and at a much affordable price.
As for the unit layouts based on the given Clement Canopy floor plans, I would say they are pretty efficient in general. Rooms look rather spacious as compared to most other new launch projects, and I don’t really see much wastage – except the long walkway from the main door the the living area (for some of the layouts).
By looking at the artist impressions, it does seem like a stunning development with lots of beautiful landscaping. On a personal note, it is definitely a bonus for me as I am a big fan for lush greenery landscapes and low-density living (about 30% lesser units as compared to its neighbouring new condo projects). Thus, I certainly won’t mind pay a small premium for that.
So what’s a fair entry price for The Clement Canopy?
Let’s do a quick price comparison with the nearby condominiums which are considered brand new and still under construction. Please note that the average psf price are based on all transacted units within the project or rough estimation.
|PROJECT NAME||TENURE||COMPLETION||NO. OF UNITS||AVERAGE PSF (S$)|
|THE CLEMENT CANOPY||99-YEAR||2021||505||~ 1,300|
One thing in common among these 3 condo projects is that they aren’t located near an MRT Station. Closest being The Trilinq, which is approximately 500 metres away from Clementi MRT Station. Followed by The Clement Canopy at about 950 metres and Parc Riviera…well you probably should just get your own ride or call for an Uber.
Despite being almost 1 km away from the nearest MRT station, this is definitely not a deal-breaker for Clement Canopy.
If you’ve been looking at property launches all this while, prices of sub-urban new launch condominiums which are located near the MRT station are usually priced at an average of $1,400 psf. Therefore, the Clement Canopy is only worth considering on average psf of S$1,300 or slightly above (given the current market situation as well).
Ultimately, people may argue that this project is practically next to the Jurong precinct – earmarked to be the 2nd Central Business District of Singapore, then I would rather go for Lake Grande (averaging S$1,361 psf) if the psf price at Clement Canopy is above my suggested entry mark.
It’s without a doubt that developers UOL will deliver a remarkable condo project with their impressive track record & reputation in Singapore, and they are one of the those developers who doesn’t really over-price their projects (as seen at Botanique at Bartley and Principal Garden). So I am hoping to see the same for The Clement Canopy.
Need a 2nd opinion or more information? Just drop me a message or enquiry via the form below!