Combining the concept of rustic living with modern comfort, Thomson Three seeks to offer its residents a lovely, unique living experience. Expected to be completed in 2017, this housing complex reshapes the way in way urban living has been so far conceived.
Thomson Three Location
Located in the heart of Upper Thomson – Singapore’s posh District 20 at 8 Bright Hill Drive, Thomson Three finds itself close to all possible amenities that residents may desire and surrounded by an lush greenery and serenity, yet only minutes to city area. Being well located to a wide range of retail options, education institutes, amenities, life can’t get any easier. And just minutes walk to the upcoming Upper Thomson MRT station (part of the Thomson-East Coast MRT Line), getting to anywhere in Singapore will be simply a breeze.
- At present, the Marymount MRT Station is just over a kilometre away from here, so easy connectivity to all city locations is assured. And once the Thomson MRT is completed, the nearest MRT shall be even closer.
- In terms of roadways, Thomson Three is well-serviced by Upper Thomson Road, Lornie Road, Central Expressway and Pan Island Expressway.
- Well-suited for family-life, this residency is close to good schools and universities including Ai Tong School, Catholic High School, Australian International School, CHIJ St. Nicholas School, Raffles Institution and James Cool University.
- With Thomson Plaza, AMK Hub, Junction 8 and numerous other multipurpose arcades close by, supermarkets, banks, salons, eateries and entertainment hubs are all within quick and convenient reach.
- Popular recreational centers of elite nature including the Singapore Polo Club, Singapore Island Country Club, Asian Golf Academy and Bishan Park are also just a few minutes away.
Thus, the strategic location of Thomson Three puts future residents at great advantage of having every possible urban utility and service at close call, offering both ease of access and privacy.
Living in Thomson Three
It is not just the location of Thomson Three that makes it a premiere real estate property. The brilliantly planned complex adds to its value as an urban living destination.
- Ample parking space and 24-hours security is assured to all residents.
- The homes are well-designed with an emphasis on innovative space management, good lighting and elegant décor.
- All the fixtures, fitments and appliances are of designer quality so that living here is as luxurious as it is comfortable.
- A host of outdoor facilities such as a bubble pool, lap pool, jet therapy pool, adjacent decks and more shall be provided.
- Well-equipped fitness zones such as a hydro gym, floating gymnasium and fitness deck are also to be available for the benefit of residents.
- Communal facilities promoting neighborly interaction including outdoor grills, barbeque pits, multipurpose halls, a chill out pavilion and numerous lounges, would further enhance the lifestyle of residents.
As is evident, no stone has been left unturned to ensure that Thomson Three offers top-class in-house amenities to future home owners here.
Thomson Three Floor Plan and Unit Types
The level of luxury living at Thomson Three is certainly above the rest, comprising of 3 blocks, housing a total of 445 units (inclusive of 10 distinguished strata Semi-Ds). The various unit types available include:
- 1 Bedroom units covering 495 to 538 square feet.
- 2 Bedrooms units covering 710 to 883 square feet.
- 3 Bedrooms units covering 1033 to 1259 square feet.
- 4 Bedrooms units covering 1485 to 1550 square feet.
- Penthouses covering 1066 to 1862 square feet.
- Semi-Detached units covering 3283 square feet.
The wide variety of options available in terms of the sizes allows potential buyers to find a home exactly suited to their needs.
Thomson Three Showflat
The Thomson Three showflat is not located on the actual site, but it’s not very far away from it. Instead it’s situated at Venus Drive, right opposite the Flame Tree Park condominium. To ensure that units (which you want) are still available for sale, you can contact me via the form or call (+65) 6631 8384 to check before going to the showflat.
Thomson Three Price Transaction History
As of 21 Aug 2015, this Upper Thomson condo has been 98.2% sold. Let’s take a look at this list of transactions in 2015 to give an indication of the most recent Thomson Three price indication.
|UNIT AREA (SQFT)
|PRICE (S$ PSF)
|41 BRIGHT HILL DRIVE #03-xx
|41 BRIGHT HILL DRIVE #04-xx
|43 BRIGHT HILL DRIVE #15-xx
|43 BRIGHT HILL DRIVE #14-xx
|41 BRIGHT HILL DRIVE #14-xx
|43 BRIGHT HILL DRIVE #07-xx
|41 BRIGHT HILL DRIVE #13-xx
|41 BRIGHT HILL DRIVE #12-xx
|41 BRIGHT HILL DRIVE #10-xx
|41 BRIGHT HILL DRIVE #06-xx
|43 BRIGHT HILL DRIVE #04-xx
According to these 11 transactions, the Thomson Three psf price is averaging around S$1,325 psf.
How does Thomson Three compare to other neighbouring condos?
To make an accurate analysis between Thomson Three condo and its neighbours, we will only benchmark against newer developments (with 99-year leasehold status) for “apple-to-apple” comparisons. Since the launch of Thomson Grand in 2011 (which will soon be completed), there hasn’t been any new launch condo in the precinct until Thomson Three. Since then, we’ve seen other condos in the similar district such as The Panorama condo and Sky Vue coming into the property market. Lets take a look at how Thomson Three line up against these developments.
|NO. OF UNITS
|AVERAGE PRICE (S$ PSF)
|NO. OF CAVEATS RECORDED
|99 YRS FROM 2012
|99 YRS FROM 2013
|99 YRS FROM 2013
|99 YRS FROM 2010
Thomson Three Review
Based on the above numbers, Thomson Three is certainly facing stiff competition from its neighbours. However sales has been brilliant for this exclusive development. Despite the Thomson Three price index for average PSF is about 7% higher than The Panorama, owning a property in the Upper Thomson precinct is certainly a plus point as compared to an address of a HDB matured estate. However, in today’s volatile property market, we need to be more savvy in terms of numbers and look out for properties with a little more potential upside.
We can argue the fact that Thomson Three will leverage on the ‘MRT effect’ when the upcoming Upper Thomson MRT Line is up and running, but if this is so, The Panorama will also enjoy the appreciation in value. To justify Thomson Three condo’s higher price, will probably be its close proximity to Thomson Plaza where you will find all your daily necessities being met. If you need convenience on a bigger scale, then of course, Sky Vue will be a better option with almost everything need – from dining options, entertainment to transport. But I have my reservations for Sky Vue though.
At Thomson Three, you will get to experience serenity and traquility as you will be surrounded by nature greens in an exclusive neighbourhood. Something which I will personally appreciate is to be overwhelmed by the lush 3,043-hectare Central Catchment Nature Reserve – this is where luxury meets nature. Though the aforementioned details establish sufficiently how lovely this housing complex shall be, here are some more reasons reaffirming Thomson Three’s loveliness. The only other new condo which is so close to nature is The Skywoods, or the upcoming Thomson Impressions.
- The wide range of facilities adds a touch of glamour to everyday living.
- From the investment perspective, this residency appears to have great appreciation prospects given its good location.
- The upmarket address shall add to any resident’s prestige.
All in all, Thomson Three could easily qualify as the dream home everyone desires – living here would be absolutely delightful.
Thomson Three Facts and Details
For more information on Thomson Three or any other condos, you can reach me at (+65) 6631 8384, or simply just submit an enquiry via the form below.