The stage is set for VIIO at Balestier to be redefine upscale, luxuriant living in Singapore. A mixed development on the city fringe in peaceful District 12, the picturesque ambience of Balestier complements the makers’ vision of creating an urban haven like none other.
VIIO – a freehold mixed-use new launch development – is to have a combination of commercial units and residences which will ensure that residents don’t need to venture far to have any of their needs met.
Expected to be completed by late 2017, the makers – Techkon Commercial Pte Ltd – inspire much conviction that the homes will be ready and of great quality, just as promised. The interiors will be uber-luxurious, the facilities at VIIO at Balestier will be absolutely decadent.
After all, developers Techkon Commercial has to live up to its own formidable reputation and deliver something truly fabulous. Hence, home owners as well as property investors are highly excited about VIIO at Balestier. Read on for more information.
VIIO at Balestier Location
Standing tall on 520 Balestier Road, VIIO is well-located to provide quick connectivity to all parts of the city. From road and rail transportation to just about every urban amenity at walking distance, nothing is far away if you are at VIIO Balestier. To that extent, this condominium assures a fine balance of seclusion and accessibility – one of the chief hallmarks of intelligent housing.
- Novena and Toa Payoh MRT Station are just within the vicinity from the development.
- NTUC Fairprice Supermarket will suffice to fulfil every requirement of the residents, located just next to the complex at Zhongshan Mall. Other than that, Mega Foodcourt and Balestier Food Center are easily accessible as well.
- The property is also located close to a couple of schools in the area, including Balestier Hill Primary and Secondary School and Advent Learning.
VIIO Balestier Condo Facilities
The developers have put in much thought on designing most outstanding exteriors as well as contemporary interiors.
This 12-storey mixed development will feature a 3-storey commercial podium and only 56 exclusive residential units.
- Each unit in VIIO at Balestier is extremely modern done with the top-notch finishing. They boast of compact perfection with amazing space management.
- For recreational purposes, Communal deck, sky lounge, BBQ area, open gym, Children’s Pool and reflective pool shall be provided.
VIIO Balestier Floor Plan and Available Unit Types
The available unit types include:
- 2-Bedroom Compact covering 474-sqft
- 2-Bedroom Standard covering 560-sqft
- 2-Bedroom Dual-Key covering 840-sqft
- 3-Bedroom Dual-Key covering 1,076-sqft
VIIO Balestier Price Guide
As of 10 November 2016, the total number of units sold at VIIO at Balestier stands 22 (based on URA records). The following table reflects the VIIO Balestier price history in 3Q2016, averaging at S$1,527 psf.
|CONTRACT DATE||ADDRESS||SIZE (SQFT)||PSF (S$)||PRICE (S$)|
|20-Aug-16||520 BALESTIER ROAD #08-07||840||1,475||1,238,000|
|14-Jul-16||520 BALESTIER ROAD #09-04||474||1,588||752,000|
|13-Jul-16||520 BALESTIER ROAD #11-05||474||1,591||753,660|
|1-Jul-16||520 BALESTIER ROAD #11-06||1,076||1,431||1,540,110|
|1-Jul-16||520 BALESTIER ROAD #08-08||560||1,551||868,000|
And here is the latest VIIO Balestier price guide we have from the property developer (based on the balance units) and it does seem rather attractive for the 2-Bedroom and 3-Bedroom Dual-Key units.
- 2-Bedroom Compact from S$950,000
- 2-Bedroom Dual-Key from S$1.3 million
- 3-Bedroom Dual-Key from S$1.59 million
Update – As of 05 October 2017, VIIO at Balestier has been 100% fully sold.
VIIO at Balestier Showflat
The VIIO at Balestier showflat is located at 530 Balestier Road. You can check with us on the availability and opening hours at (+65) 6631-8384 in order not to make a wasted trip down.
VIIO Balestier Review
VIIO at Balestier is definitely one of the rare property concept to look out in the Balestier precinct. Being freehold is already a huge bonus in a land-scarce nation, and in addition, it thrives to bring more than just normal pleasures to its dwellers & owners with the rare dual-key concept.
Here are some of the key benefits of choosing to stay in this mixed-use development are as follows:
- This development is located in the city-fringe – which means travelling to the city-centre will simply be a breeze.
- A large pool of tenants is surely going to be attracted in this property due to its immediate accessibility to Zhongshan Mall (just right next to it), where they will find various dining options and most importantly – NTUC Finest, one of the biggest supermarket chains in Singapore.
- The dual-key options offer property owners the flexibility to either rent out the unit as a whole, or cater to individuals whom are on a tight budget and just require a smaller space.
Looking at its price, frankly speaking it’s not the cheapest property around. And if you are looking for a bargain, this is not the one.
However, if you look from the perspective of its value and what are the other offerings available at the same price in today’s market, VIIO at Balestier is certainly one property worth considering.
Let’s look at its smallest unit type – a 474-sqft, 2-Bedroom Compact. In most other developments, you will find it to be a 1-Bedroom unit for such a size. So lets compare it with some of the city-fringe new launch condo projects available, using highest priced 2-Bedroom Compact (474-sqft) unit transacted at VIIO so far – on the 8th floor.
|PROJECT||AREA||TENURE||UNIT SIZE (SQFT)||PRICE (S$)||PSF (S$)||REMARKS|
|VIIO at Balestier||Balestier||Freehold||474||768,235||1,621||Freehold, Next to Supermarket|
|Alex Residences||Redhill||99-year||474||813,000||1,715||Next to Redhill MRT Station|
|Forte Suites||Farrer Park||Freehold||441||757,200||1,717||6 minutes walk to Farrer Park MRT Station|
|Commonwealth Towers||Queenstown||99-year||441||785,200||1,780||Next to Queenstown MRT Station|
|Highline Residences||Tiong Bahru||99-year||506||935,100||1,848||Near Tiong Bahru MRT Station|
Looking at the above price comparison, you can see that VIIO at Balestier is the lowest priced among all in terms of per square foot.
Yes, all the other 99-year developments can argue that they are within walking distance to a MRT station. However, the competition will be greater in time as there are more condos coming up near a MRT station.
As for VIIO at Balestier, the freehold is already invaluable as it’s getting rarer these days. Moreover, the interesting thing is that the plot ratio for this development is 3.0 – which means it could have gone as high as above 36 storeys.
I am not sure why the developers stopped at 12 storeys, but all I am saying that there could be redevelopment potential in future based on the URA Master Plan 2014. With its closest neighbouring mixed-use project, One Dusun Residences (TOP in 2016) being built up to 28-storey tall, it does seem possible.
However, investors may wish to keep an eye on 12 on Shan and Neem Tree (both still under construction) as well as it also offers some interesting propositions. But as of this point, no pricing has been released and we will keep this page updated as soon as we have the relevant information on hand.